Sunday, July 18, 2010

Look Who's Three!

Luke turned three years old on July 10th, I can't believe my little boy is already three!
At three years old Luke:
*has a great vocabulary and if we say a word that he doesn't understand he immediately asks what it means
*loves to talk and talk and talk. If there is nobody around to listen to him he will just talk to himself. I think he loves the sound of his voice.
*the only thing he loves more that talking is to ask questions. He must ask me 50 questions a day.
*he loves to play with friends and cousins
*he has a great imagination and loves to pretend (he still has several imaginary friends)
*he is really into batman right now and loves anything batman
*he is a very kind child is always worried about peoples feelings
*he loves to go to nursery
*he is a super helper and loves to do favors for me
*he is currently saving up his money to buy an Itouch. We told him that if he saves half we will pay the other half. I figure he'll be about 8 before he gets his half saved up.
*his favorite foods are watermelon and quesadilla's
*his favorite restaurant is Wingers
*he loves to hang out with his dad and do anything that he is doing
*he knows how to call Barrett on my cell phone. Consequently, he call Barrett to tattle on me when I tell him no
*he is full of love and tells me that he loves me all day long
*we are so lucky to have him!
Luke is such a great big brother. He loves Tessa so much and always wants to be by her and kiss her. He is really much better with her than I expected him to be. Luke wanted her to watch a show with him here in this picture. Love these two!
For his birthday Luke wanted to have a superhero party. My sister made each kid a cape that said "super and whatever their name is" and then they decorated masks.

All of the superhero's

They threw water balloons at the Joker (my niece drew that Joker, isn't it awesome)

Played pin the spider on spiderman
And lots of other games, but Luke's favorite was spraying spiderwebs (silly string) at Barrett! He got lots of fun presents
and we ended with cake and ice cream!



So here is the superhero cake I made for Luke. Everything on it is edible except for the spiderman candle on top. This was my first attempt at fondant, it was fun but I'll do a lot of things different on my next try.

7 comments:

ern said...

ack, i can't believe you made that cake! in the first picture that showed it, i was going to ask you who made it for you. :) that is awesome becca! i think you need to give me a little tutorial sometime. seriously.

The Lymans said...

I am so impressed with the cake (and the whole party). Don't tell my girls that I buy theirs at Costco!

Mom and Kenz said...

Wow -- super impressive cake... and party! What an awesome mom you are and what a great son you have!

Merianne said...

Becca, that cake is fantastic! Good job! I love working with fondant, so much easier than buttercream (in my opinion). You deserve mother of the year award for throwing your 3 year old a party like you did.

natalie palmer said...

you made that cake? who would have thought that the uupd rfp pro was so domestic??? i love your blog! i love watching luke grow. and now little tessa. it gives me so much to look forward to.

Meliss said...

Awesome cake! tell us how you did it.

Heather said...

I love the cake, Becca! What a fun birthday party! And congrats on the beautiful baby--she is so darling and looks so different from Luke! It's always so fun to see if your second child will look exactly like your first or be a completely different mold. The are both adorable!