Sunday, June 13, 2010

Love this kid!

I need to get caught with the goings on of this funny kid. I know I'm biased (I am his mom after all), but I think this is one amazing kid. He is kind, sweet and makes me laugh every day.

A couple of months ago Luke started to tell me about his friend Haula (pronounced like Paula but with a H, I can only assume he is Polynesian:)) I asked him if Haula was real or pretend and he quickly assured me that Haula was real and lived down the street with his mom or dad whose names are also Barrett and Becca. For the next couple of weeks he talked about Haula quite a bit and informed when Haula was at our house and would ask if he could eat with us etc. After a few weeks the Haula talk had died, he does resurface every now and again, as have a few other "friends" named deer (this one came shortly after Luke witnessed a cop shoot a deer that had been hit by a car in front of our house...side note...Luke now thinks that police men just give tickets and shoot deer), and another friend Calane. Where he comes up with the names I don't know but I think it's awesome and love hearing him talk about his "friends." I'm just hoping that it is a sign of creativity and not something else:)!

A week or so ago Luke and Barrett had a campout in our backyard. Luke was so excited he could hardly stand it. Due to some rain it wasn't a very successful night, but Luke still talks about it and how much fun he had camping with his dad.



Barrett's grandparents came up to visit and meet Tess. I love that Luke and Tess get to know their great grandparents, especially since all of my grandparents died when I was fairly young.

Luke and his buddy Pops, Luke sure loves this guy
On one of the very few nice days Luke and his buddy Tommy played in the water and had a blast. I love that you can Luke's ribs in these pictures because one day he looked at Tommy (who is on the skinny side) and asked him what those are, pointing to his chest. Tommy responded that those were his rib bones. Luke (who is on the more solid side) looked down at his own chest and said, hmmm I don't have any of those! Here is proof that Luke does indeed have rib bones (though you don't see them very often with his solid frame.)

Luke is the cutest big brother ever. He truly does love and adore his little sister. If he goes anywhere, the first thing he does when he comes home is to find Tess and give her a kiss on her cheek and then he asks me if Tess missed him because he sure missed her. He also calls her princess and his sweetie pie. I had to include all three of these pictures because I just love how much he loves her and the look on his face.


5 comments:

Mom and Kenz said...

I love Luke! And I love people kids that have pretend friends too! The tent picture and the pictures with Tess are priceless. They are both so gorgeous.

Aimee said...

So cute! He is sure growing and Tess is adorable.

Lolo Hess said...

Becca. You know you have a bully child right.
just kidding luke.
say high to luke for me

wmjohnsonfamily said...

Oh, bec, baby girl! What a beautiful family!

Meliss said...

I definitely agree that Luke is the coolest kid!