Tuesday, March 23, 2010

New Hobby, First Try

So I decided to try my hand at a new hobby. Still need A LOT of practice, but I think it will be fun. I went to a party a couple of weeks ago for those cute pendant charms that are so popular right now and saw some really cute charms but they were so expensive. I decided they can't be that hard to make so I googled how to do it, ordered the supplies, designed the pictures in photoshop and gave it a try. I learned that the soldering part is way harder than you might think, but with some practice (and some great tips and instruction from Barrett) I know it will get easier (and look a lot better). Anyway, fun new hobby I thought I'd share!

The fronts
I started to get a hang of the soldering by the last one, the fleur de lis and laugh
<
The backs (I cracked the glass on the joy one)

7 comments:

Misty said...

Becca!! I am so extraordinarily impressed! Seriously. Very talented woman. I'll be your first customer. :)

ern said...

nice, becca...i can't believe that's your first try! i can guarantee my first attempts would end up in the garbage, not my blog. these are impressive!

Heather said...

So so cute!! I need a lesson. You are so talented!

thederricks said...

Very cute! You have many talents! Way to find another one!

jerseygirl said...

love them, they look great! Happy Easter!

Mom and Kenz said...

Wow! Is there anything you can't do? Would you make me a BYU one?

Anj said...

How cool are those! I'm super impressed! I'm curious how much they cost you to make. I paid way to much for a few about a year ago.
Do you give lessons;)