Friday, March 12, 2010

Big Changes for the Big Boy!

This is a long over due post. Luke has been such a trooper going through some big changes over the past couple of months. The first big change was his graduation to "big boy" underwear and saying goodbye to diapers. He has been interested in going on the potty for several months but I just couldn't bring myself to start potty training him while I was still feeling so yucky due to this pregnancy. Well at the beginning of February a couple of his friends were starting potty training so I thought it was a great time to start him too. He did such a great job. It took him a couple of days to get the hang of it but he basically did it himself. After the first day of me asking him every half hour if he needed to go I could tell he was getting seriously annoyed and he told me he would just tell me when he needed to go. I didn't really trust him at first but sure enough he started telling me. He even woke up dry from the very first morning, so after a week of using pull ups at night I even packed those away. He has been such a champ. I'm sure my next one won't be so easy, but here's for hoping!
Luke in his Lightening McQueen big boy underwear

The other big change is Luke's move into a big boy bed. I was a little nervous about the change but he has done great and loves his new bed.

Nothing like being woken up from a nap by mom taking pictures of you!


I can't believe my boy is growing up so fast. Sometimes I wish he would just stop it but at the same time it is so fun to see the person that he is becoming. We just love him!

1 comment:

The Lymans said...

Cute bed! He is such a good boy. Olivia and Sophie just love him!