Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ringing in the New Year at Bear Lake

We were able to ring in 2010 at Bear Lake this year and we had a great time! Our friends, the Baker's, invited us along with the Derrick's to stay at their cabin for a couple of days and celebrate the holiday. 6 adults and 7 kids made for lots of fun. There was lots of sledding, eating of snow, eating great food, playing games, decorating sugar cookies, looking for the source of drips in the ceiling, staying up way too late, trips to the treat drawer and plenty of laughs. Luke was in heaven because he always had someone to play with. It took us about two days to recover from all the fun but it was well worth it!

This first picture doesn't really show how steep the sledding hill was, but it was pretty steep. After going down once with Barrett, Luke insisted on going from the top by himself over and over. The first time I watched Barrett let Luke go I freaked out, I couldn't believe he let him go from the top. Barrett's reply was "he said he wanted to." Dads. Luke had a blast and I got over the fact that Barrett would just let our 2 year old go from the top because he wanted to:)!

Love the helmet!
Pure Joy!

New Years Eve game of Mexican Train
Luke and Tommy Baker (as Luke always calls him) had a blast together. I love Luke's red cheeks!

Tommy, Luke and Ella eating snow
Everyone heading to the top
Movie Time!
Luke, Kate, Tommy, Addy and Ella
Decorating sugar cookies
Can't get enough of those sprinkles.

Good times and good memories!

No comments: