Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Major Catch Up Time

I know I am in major need of a catch up session. The last few months have been crazy, I don't know where the summer has gone! June was filled with swimming lessons, a trip to Bear Lake and packing up our old house for our move. In July we finally moved to our new house and we couldn't be happier. We have lots of remodeling to do, but we are going to love it once it is done (pictures of the remodel to follow at a later date.) In fact, it seems like between packing, moving, painting, hanging new baseboards and trim it doesn't feel like we have done much else. We have had lots of fun trips to the park, play groups and other outings. Also, a trip to instacare to find out that Tess broke her collar bone. Nice, I know. She fell down the stairs her first day at our new house. I will hopefully get back to taking pictures and doing regular posts but this is it for now!

Luke turned 5 on July 5th. Unfortunately I have lost the memory card to my camera which has the pictures from his birthday, so hopefully I will find it soon and post pictures later.
Some things about Luke at age 5:
  • Favorite color is red and loves the Utes!
  • He is probably the sweetest kid you will ever meet. 
  • Loves his little sister and is so patient with her and is constantly helping her out
  • He is the best helper. He is always willing to help me and hardly ever complains.
  • Adores his dad, and wants to do everything that he does.
  • Such a smart kid, amazes me all the time with little tidbits of info he learned who knows where
  • Favorite food is PB&J and quesadillas
  • Has the best laugh, I absolutely love hearing him laugh
  • He is an absolute blessing to have in our family
In July Luke Graduated from the Waterford Institutes Rusty and Rosy program. It was a program on the computer that he had to do 15 minutes a day 5 days a week for a year. He didn't always love it, but he sure learned a lot! Here he is with his friend Sophie who also graduated from the program.


Our cute little girl turned 2 on May 21st. She is such a funny girl. 
Some things about Tess at age 2:
  • She loves everything pink
  • She is super naughty, but does it in such a cute way that it is hard to get mad at her.
  • This girl loves to talk and will talk and talk all day
  • She is super petite. At her 2 year check up she only weighed 23lbs and is in the 3rd percentile. (I think Luke weighed 23 lbs at 9 months).
  • She absolutely adores her big brother and loves to follow him around 
  • She absolutely loves teasing her big brother as well!
  • She loves to snuggle with mom and give hugs and kisses
  • Her very favorite show is Wallace & Grommit
  • Favorite food is Mac and Cheese and chicken nuggets
  • Makes us laugh every day







At the end of May Luke graduated from Mrs. Wings preschool class. He had such a fun year, made lots of friends and learned a lot. Just the other day Luke was telling a friend of mine about George Washington and the war he was in and on on. I asked where he learned that and he told me Mrs. Wing taught it to him! It was a great year and he will definitely miss Mrs. Wing.



Here is a cake I made for the son of a good friend of mine.

1 comment:

Mom and Kenz said...

A year later Kenzi is still talking about her cake from last year. And someone just said the other day that Cam's bday cake (posted here!!) was the coolest cake they'd ever seen.