Monday, November 28, 2011

28 years ago today...

I can't believe that today marks 28 years since my mom passed away, that makes me feel old. Since then, November 28th has always been a weird day for me. It's almost as if it were a holiday or birthday in the sense that every year I feel the anticipation of that day coming, yet when the day arrives I'm not really sure what to do. I usually think about my mom a lot on this date and depending on the weather, sometimes I head down to the cemetery. So this year I decided to mark this day with a tribute to my mom.

(I'm a fairly private person and when it comes to this blog I usually just post the happenings of our family and leave my feelings for my private journal. Since this is my family journal that I hope to pass to my kids as they get older, I want to include a post about their Grandma Nancy so that they will know what an amazing person she was. So if you are reading this, know that this is for my kids.)

My mom was a really amazing woman. I was only six when she died, but I remember, I remember what a fun, happy, caring and special person she was. She had a great talent to make every person, no matter what their age, feel like they were special and important. Everyone felt like my mom was their best friend. She was sassy and loved to joke around and tease. She was very generous with her time and talents and she was very loyal and dedicated to her family and friends. Family was very important to her and she went out of her way to make sure that family relations were in tact. I remember many family parties held at our house with both her and my dads families all together, the more the merrier! She had a strong testimony of the gospel and it showed in the way that she lived her life and interacted with others. She was the perfect example of the woman that I would like to be. She left a great legacy, and I am so very thankful for that. Love you mom!










3 comments:

Mom and Kenz said...

She is so beautiful! I wish I could have known her -- I would have loved her... look at what a great daughter she has.

I'm sure your mom is so proud of you. You have a lot of the great qualities you talked about.

Rob & Megg said...

Way cool post! I LOVE those pictures of her. I can see Karen in her, and that first one has some Luke. Thanks for getting a little personal :).

The Lymans said...

I totally see Luke in that first picture. It sounds like she packed a lifetime of memories in just a few short years.