Monday, August 1, 2011

Can't Believe that Luke is 4!

Where does the time go? Luke turned 4 on July 10th. I just can't believe my little boy is already 4 and turning into a kid instead of a little boy. Luke had a great birthday weekend this year and enjoyed every minute of it. His birthday was on Sunday so we had his friend party on Saturday. When he woke up Saturday morning he asked me what I was going to make him for his birthday breakfast, I told him his birthday wasn't until the next day and he promptly replied that it was his birthday weekend so he needed birthday breakfast both days! Such a cute kid.

Luke wanted a fisherman birthday party, so we incorporated water and just made it a water party. The kids started off by eating lunch.
Cupcakes and blowing out candles


and of course he wanted a pinata
Tess enjoyed the food
Luke had such a great time and got so many fun presents from all of his cute friends.

On his actual birthday we had family over for cake and ice cream.
Here is Luke's fisherman cake I made him this year.
It started to rain right when we were starting the party so we moved it into the garage. I know, white trash, but we stayed dry.


We are so lucky to have this cute kid in our family. We love him so much.
Some things about Luke at age 4:
  • Speaks very well for his age and uses large words such as "appropriate"
  • Loves to talk and talk and talk and then talk some more
  • Favorite foods are watermelon, tomatoes and Hawaiin haystacks
  • Can write his name and knows how to write almost all the letters
  • Loves to ride his bike, jump on the tramp and play with his sister
  • Is such a sweet and sensitive kid. Tells me daily how much he loves me and how pretty I am (and I didn't even teach him to say that:))
  • Is a total daddy's boy. He loves to be with his dad and do whatever he is doing.
  • Is into dragons
  • Such a good big brother, takes such good care of Tess.
  • Has a great sense of humor and makes me laugh out loud every day.
  • Is always concerned about other peoples feelings and truly wants everyone to be happy
  • Loves to tease me and Barrett and thinks he is so funny when he does it.
  • An all around great person
Luke we love you and are so lucky to have you in our family!

1 comment:

Mom and Kenz said...

Luke is the best! And I'm so impressed with his cake. Kenzi really wants a Tangled Cake for her birthday and said I couldn't make it. I'm trying to decide if I prove her wrong... maybe I'll come to you for help!