Monday, November 17, 2008

Don't be Jealous....

I went to the New Kids on the Block reunion tour concert Saturday night! Megg's brother in law, Rich, recently opened a frozen yogurt shop in Provo called Yozone (which by the way is the best frozen yogurt ever). Anyway, one of his suppliers gave him five tickets to the concert in their Box Suite. So Meggan arranged one of the funnest GNO's ever! Funny thing was at first Megg told me we were going to see Backstreet Boys and I thought it would be fun even though I didn't know any of their music, but then we found out it was NKOTB and it totally took me back to the fifth grade when I got my first NKOTB cassette tape. That's right, I was a fan back in the day.

It was actually really funny to see them on stage trying to sing and dance like they were 18 again. They really don't sing very well and I didn't know any of their new stuff but it was fun to sing and dance to their old hits, even though they were a half a step flat on all their songs (or so Meggan told me, I don't have a musical bone in my body so I wouldn't know, all I know is they didn't sing very well!). It was also quite entertaining to watch all of the 30+ year old women scream and get so excited. Fun times and a night to remember.

The opening act was Natasha Bedingfield and she was fantastic! She has an amazing voice and sounded great live. I only wish it was NKOTB opening for her and we could have heard more of her stuff. I think I'll buy her CD and I'll keep you all posted on how I like it.

Me, Clara, Meggan, April, and Steph
(Clara and April are superfans!)

For all of you who didn't get a chance to go, here is what you missed out on:)!



The New Kids on the Block all grown up!

No comments: