Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Luke's Birthday Party

My posts have been lacking, I know, but this time I have a good excuse. My laptop has been on the fritz. I had to send it in to get fixed, I got it back and it is still not fixed. So, before I send it back in I figured I'd get caught up on some posts.

Luke's party was so much fun, and he totally got spoiled. Thanks to all of you who came and supported our little guy on his big day!



Here's the cake I made for Luke to dive into on his own. I was just going to give him a piece of cake that we served to everyone else but guilt drove me to make this cake. Let me explain. Growing up my mom made us elaborate birthday cakes on our birthday's. One year she made me this princess barbie cake that stood upright, I will always remember that cake. Anyway, as Luke's birthday approached and I considered just giving him a slice of cake I kept picturing my mom giving me a guilt trip for not putting some effort into it and make him his own cake. My mom died 25 years ago and can still make me feel guilty! So this cake is really for you mom, I know you were there and were proud of me for making my son a cake on his first birthday (and I didn't have to feel guilty)!





Luke is giving his cousin Hailey a push on his new School Bus, so cute!


Saying hi to his best buddy, Jack


Helping Uncle Gary clean up



2 comments:

Rob & Megg said...

You aren't suspose to make me cry when I read your Blog! I LOVED that cake, your mom would be proud!

Meliss said...

What an adorable child. I'm proud of your cake, girl. Your Mom is proud too. :)